Sunday 19 February 2012

Bolton Portcullis Tournament

I had a good time yesterday at the monthly Bolton Portcullis Tournament. After reading on Dave blog of the last trip across from the Hull guys I was keen to attend and as Hull City's match had been postponed I was able to go without missing out on using my season ticket.

I had 4 good games with local lads who played; eCaine, eLylth, eSkarre and pHexeris. I took a pKaya list and a pKrueger list and managed to get one win to three losses.

I was also very pleased and honoured to be voted the 'best painted' and win some store credit. This is the first painting award I have won and I am encouraged that my painting is getting better and it gives me new enthusiasm to try and improve further and get some more serious painting time in.

I have taken a quick snap of the list that won the best painted award below (even though you have probably seen most of the models already in the previous blog posts).


PS I should point out the whitemane (far left) wasn't painted by me (thanks Jim!) but the rest of the models are entirely my own work.

5 comments:

  1. That is a stunning looking force and well deserving of an award. You're an inspiration mate. Keep up the great work.

    Oh and I haven't forgotten your DVD, I'll bring it in the next time I get down to the club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice mate! good job!

    now time to work on the W/D/L ratio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great great looking army.

    Grats on the Award

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic stuff Luke, a well deserved 'Best Painted' award buddy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind comments guys - it was only a fairly small tournament but it is nice to have the effort recognised in some way.

    Drax: Yep - I don't seem to be able to do better than 1 win in a tournament although in fairness I did come very close to getting a second only to be foiled on 'Dice Down' halfway through setting up my assassination run. The fully painted list above was not as competitive as my second list which did a lot better. Expect to see yet another painted caster soon!

    ReplyDelete